Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A New Addition

So today I woke up and decided to check up on my Crested Gecko trio which consist of 2 females (Olive and Feather) and one male (Mango). So any way I was checking on them throwing out old food and cleaning their enclosure when I found 2 eggs which I believe belong to Feather and of course Mango. I then made a makeshift incubator from an old container I had. Today would make day one of incubation.

 Mango (Top) and Feather (Bottom). The camera doesn't do them justice.

I did some research on crested gecko eggs and incubation information. what I found they hatch after about 60 – 70 days from being laid and should be kept between 72 – 80 degrees F. I have the eggs on dampened perlite to keep eggs from drying out and keep mold from forming on the eggs.

The Egg. The line on top of it is to determine which side is up. 
Turning the egg can be fatal to the embryo.

So I have them in the “oven” and i will record their progress as time goes on. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I'm excited about your new arrivals! It must be interesting to witness it first hand. Keep blogging! :0)

    ReplyDelete